Welcome to 2024 – We wish all of our clients a healthy and prosperous New Year!
Printing is current and ships out within 2-3 days.
CUSTOM DTF TRANSFERS
Now available at Fabrik
Print like a pro with our easy to use DTF transfers. Instant hot peel release, bright colors, amazing durability.
Ships in 2-3 business days (when artwork is perfect) no matter how big your order is! Seasonal / holiday volume may add 1-2 days delay.
For any inquiry call customer service at 877-332-2745.
DTF Transfers are popular within the printing industry to decorate or self apply a custom logo to garments with a heat press. The DTF transfer is printed on a digital water based printer with CMYK colors on a clear film carrier.
DTF Transfers can be applied to a variety of garments such as:
DTF Transfers must be applied with a heat press. Set your heat press to the following parameters:
- Temperature: 300 F
- Time: 14 seconds
- Pressure: Firm
Cover the film carrier with a piece of parchment paper to avoid the film from sticking to the hot heat platen.
Peel the backing film carrier as soon as the time runs out to release the ink on the garment.
Put your garments in the washing machine.
- Warm water
- No bleach
Put your garments in dryer.
- Moderate heat
- Low tumble
Do not iron on the printed designs. Iron inside out for best results.
Our inks and transfer technology is excellent. But some clothing manufacturers use certain dyes and chemical products that may lead to some colour migration from the clothing into the transfer. If you find the white inks are toning down a bit – try the following steps:
- Adapt the pressing parameters by lowering the pressure and decrease the temperature setting to 280F. Only do this if you feel like 300F leads to ink migration.
- Parchment paper is a must as well to protect the brightness of the ink colour.
Orders and Artwork Criteria
All of the orders must be placed via our FabrikDTF.ca website portal.
Visit our product page to start the ordering process by following this link : DTF product .
Once an order is placed it cannot be modified or cancelled. We have a large volume of orders and they need to be printed quickly. Make sure your order is correct before submitting it. If you do require a change please contact customer service at [email protected].
Once your gang sheet or your singular image is created, go to our product page here: link to product.
Make sure your artwork follows our specifications.
1 – Input the exact measurements in the width input field and the length input field. Pricing will be calculated accordingly.
2 – At the total quantity input, input the number of times you need this specific design to be printed.
3 – Upload your file with the choose file button.
4 – Add to cart
Yes, upload singular designs on the DTF product page. Input the exact measurements in the required fields. Input the total quanity of desired artwork to be printed.
A ‘Gang Sheet’ is 22″ wide x 12 to 96″ long. The gang sheet is generally used for decorators who have multiple images. You can maximize the placement on the sheet. This means you can place as many different or multiples of the same designs on one uploaded image sheet. Example 22″ wide x 60″ long.
We suggest to create your gang sheet with Photoshop or Illustrator. You can also use Canva Premium.
Create your sheet with your desired measurements. For example:
- Width: 22″
- Length: 42″
Maximum printable width is 21.75″. Maximum printable length is 95.75″. We suggest that you use this size parameter to get the most out of your gang sheet.
Artwork requirements :
- Resolution: 300dpi
- Transparent background
- Minimum line weight is 2 points
- True to size graphics ((actual logo (not the artboard / canvas size)) must be the size you want the print to be.
- Make sure you limit blank canvas space in the logo. Crop close to the actual logo.
- Clean sharp edges
Bad input will create a bad print.
- What you see is what you get. Artwork must be created in the colors that it will be printed.
Once your gang sheet is created ‘Export as’ a .png or .pdf. Do not ‘save as’.
Artwork must have the following characteristics to ship within the 3 day window:
- The uploaded image must be the exact size that you want it to be printed. Example: The logo size to be printed is 12 inches x 12 inches. When we open the image file in Photoshop the dimensions (artboard) must be exactly 12 x 12. If you have saved the image as 3 in x 3 inches on a 12 x 12 artboard – the file will be cropped, then resized to 12 x 12 as instructed within your order specifications.
- The image MUST have a transparent or clear background. If you submit the file with a white background – we will print the white background. The files necessary to have a clear background are .PNG and .PDF.
- The resolution must be 300 DPI MINIMUM for a great quality print. If you submit 72 DPI – the image will be pixelated and fuzzy. We may or may not contact you to resubmit a correct file. The best resolution will be when the file is saved from the original art file.
- Forcing resolution. If you have a logo file that is 10 x 10 inches @ 300 DPI – you can make the image smaller and the resolution will increase. If you have a 3 x 3 image at 96 DPI you cannot make the image larger – example 6 x 6 @ 300 DPI. This will make the image pixelated. We are not responsible for the print quality of the logo submitted. We print the image that you upload.
- If you require artwork assistance – please email customer service at [email protected]. We have artwork services to correct your image. Example resizing, cropping, addition, subtraction and colour changes.
- IF you use Canva, please save your image as a .PDF print image to maintain the 300DPI resolution.
Please ensure your artwork meets our minimum criteria to ensure high quality colour and line quality.
Canva defaults to 72 DPI resolution unless you export as a .PDF for print.
To export an image from Canva as a high resolution image, please follow the following guidelines:
The best file format is a high resolution .PNG or a .PDF image saved directly from your original design software (example Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator). Please ensure your uploaded files meet our strict artwork criteria to ensure image quality. We print the image you upload.
If you use Canva as a design tool – please follow our guidelines to export your file as a 300 DPI image. Canva defaults to 72 DPI unless you export as a .PDF print image.
If your images do not meet our minimum artwork specifications listed above, we may place your order on a temporary hold for 24-48 hours. We may send you an email request to resubmit the images in question. If we do send you an email for replacement images and we do not hear back from you within the 24-48 hour window – we will process the order as submitted. We are a production house and we must continue to clear out our order files on a continuous basis. Please ensure that you check your spam filter for our emails.
Yes. We offer artwork tuning and redrawing services. The price ranges between $10.00 for a simple logo to $50.00 for a more complex logo fix. These services do not apply to Gang Sheets. The maximum time allotted to fix the file is $50.00 per hour. If your file is complex, customer service will reach out to give you an estimate for the actual redraw time. Please note that this service is not a profit centre – we offer this to help those clients who do not have access to logo design software. Please contact customer service at [email protected] or 1-877-332-2745
We do our best to create the closest possible match with your input colors. However, some difference in shading may happen. DTF Transfers are printed with CMYK colors. Pantone colors are not always possible. We DO NOT guarantee a ‘Pantone Match’. Each computer monitor will show colors differently, make sure to calibrate your colors before placing an order.
Industrial grade heat presses are recommended in order to have a long lasting print. A heavy pressure is required to transfer your design correctly. You can use an iron or a cricut press at your own risk.
You need to increase pressure. Especially on fleece. Once your transfer is pressed on the garment, if correct you need to see fabric texture through the design.
If your image is pixelated or fuzzy, this means you did not upload a true 300 DPI resolution file. The onus is on our clients to ensure the artwork meets our minimum required guidelines.
We review the files but this does not mean that we will catch every file that has low resolution. Sometimes the files are borderline – and you only see the low quality when the file is printed.
We are not responsible for the image quality and we will not refund nor replace files that are low quality.
We print your image and then we ‘shake’ adhesive powder onto the ink. Once cured – the adhesive remains bonded to the ink.
During this process – sometimes there will be moisture on the carrier caused by humidity in the production area. Our QC looks for this issue before we ship. If you receive transfers that have some adhesive patches – do not press.
If you press the transfer – the adhesive will bond to the clothing.
Take a damp warm cloth and wipe the adhesive off of the carrier. This is a very easy fix.
We do not reprint orders that have small patches of adhesive.
Check your transfer before you press 🙂
All of the orders are shipped from Laval, Québec, Canada.
Standard turnaround time is 2-3 business days on all orders. Place your order before 2 pm EST time and it will ship out 2-3 days from your order date. This applies to those orders that have perfect artwork files. See artwork specifications for more detail.
If the artwork does not meet minimum guidelines – we will ship 2-3 days AFTER the day we receive the corrected artwork.
Please plan for delays of 1-3 days for Christmas, Valentines Day and Easter. We experience huge volume and delays may occur.
We ship with Purolator Canada
Tracking numbers are sent automatically once your order is complete. Verify your spam folder for any emails from FabrikDTF.ca